There is a famous quote for Stephen Hawking says: “Intelligence is the ability to adapt to change”. You need to be intelligent and keep pace with development of science. Hair removal has been never easier after inventing permanent hair removal at home devices. Why don’t you try a new, innovative way to remove hair rather than traditional razors and waxes?
Light-based hair removal has been in use for decades launching a new device each new year and gaining much popularity. This is because of something, something that people who tried it experienced unprecedented feelings.
Formerly, permanent hair removal at home was a dream for all people. But now, dream has become true. With development of science and technology, epilation laser showed up, giving us hope to permanent hair removal at home.
There are also other hair removal methods such as epilators, but not as permanent as laser, they’re called semi-permanent hair removal.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Laser Hair Removal
- 2 Electrolysis Hair Removal
- 3 Electrolysis or Laser
- 4 2 Best Electrolysis Permanent Hair Removal At Home
- 5 2 Best Home Laser Permanent Hair Removal At Home
- 6 Conclusion
Laser Hair Removal
The first, most known permanent hair removal at home technology is laser hair removal. There is also another technology related to laser called IPL Laser hair removal. The 2 technologies work in very similar ways, but using different means.
What Is IT?
Laser hair removal is a relatively new technology that has spread commercially in the mid-1990s. It’s the process of “treating” hair from the follicle in order not to grow up again for longer periods of time. This depends on 4 factors: skin tone, hair color, current growth phase, and personal hormone levels. Also, laser hair removal is called permanent hair removal, which is not taken for the literally meaning, but it means long-term hair removal. ‘s worth mentioning that the best hair removal devices give 2-4 months of hair reduction, that’s why they have gained their popularity!.
How It Works?
A narrow, coherent beam of laser is emitted to the skin targeting the pigment of the hair follicle and shaft. These 2 parts absorb the laser light and turn it into heat which, in turn, damages them and the papilla. That’s how long-term hair reduction can be achieved.
You need to know that there are 3 phases of hair growth cycle, Anagen (active), Catagen (transitional), and Telogen (resting). Not all hairs on your body are at the same growth phase. While 3% of hairs are at Catagen, 6% – 8% of hairs are at Telogen at any given time. That means a total of 9% – 11% of all hairs will not be treated for 2-3 weeks. That’s also why you need at least 3-4 treatments to start seeing great hair reduction.
As home laser hair removal devices are considered the best way to get rid of unwanted hair, we’re showing you why is true through these points:
- 70% to 92% hair reduction within 3 treatment sessions (depending on targeted area)
- Permanent results up to 2 months of totally hair-free skin (some reported 52% hair reduction 6 months after their last laser session)
- Cost effective, best home laser hair removal costs between $200-$750
- There are devices that last for 15+ and 20+ years
- Safe, fast, and painless treatments. You may only feel moderate warmth or a tingling sensation
- Full body treatment takes 12 minute to 1:30 hours
- Saves time and effort as you can do at comfort of your own home
- Prevents ingrown hair
- Only mild side effects that rarely last for 2 days
- No more waxing or shaving
- No need for an expert. It’s you the expert
- No replacements, no hidden costs
- No drug interaction
IPL Laser Hair Removal
IPL stands for Intense Pulsed Light. Although most people recognize it as IPL laser hair removal, they are 2 very different technologies. However, they are suitable for permanent hair removal at home.
The two methods use the same technique of treating hair, but in different manners. Unlike lasers, IPL uses intense pulses of broad-spectrum light, not a laser. Consequently, IPL is wider than lasers with faster application time as it targets more space. However, it’s NOT more effective, more powerful, or faster to show results than lasers.
At-home IPL hair removal devices work on narrower complexions, however, clinical IPL hair removal can be wider modified to fit all skin and hair types. Also, it’s riskier than laser hair removal. It’s worth mentioning that both of them are FDA-approved, but, of course, safety level differs.
Even if, sometimes at-home IPL devices can be widely modified to fit your skin tone. There have been many devices use a technology which combines IPL and Radio Frequency Energy (RF) called ELOS. This way, IPL is able to treat even the darkest skin texture and the lightest hair color.
To be clear, if you follow the instructions faithfully, there are no serious side effects to mention. Minor side effects rarely last 2-3 days at most. Moreover, the more you get epilation laser sessions, the less you get side effects. Anyway, minor side effects include:
- Follicular edema or swelling
- Skin discoloration
- Warmth (during the session)
- Tingling sensation (during the session)
Electrolysis Hair Removal
Far before IPL and laser hair removal, traditional methods were the common ones for your skin freshness and parcel of your beauty. However, they never made women comfortable or gave them the results they wish claiming that beauty deserves exerting much efforts. Nevertheless, electrolysis can save much of your effort. It also can give you really great results that last up to 4-8 weeks!
Electrolysis hair removal helps your skin to be finer and more refreshed. In comparison with other hair removal methods such as laser and IPL, electrolysis can give relatively guaranteed results. Furthermore, it is approved by FDA, promising to be used safely and securely either at home or at the electrologist’s.
How It Works
It is simple, to get permanent hair removal at home, multiple sessions (up to 35) are needed. There are three types of electrolysis: galvanic (used in most home electrolysis devices), thermolysis, and blend.
During the electrolysis hair removal session, an electric current is used through a very fine electrode (shaped as a fine needle) or a metal probe. The probe penetrates the hair follicle destroying it and the hair-producing papilla.
Since excess hairs do not grow at the same time, you might see during the session some short hairs that cannot be removed. This means that you will need multiple sessions to get all excess hair treated.
- Can be used anywhere on the body, including eyebrows
- Prevents new hair growth for ALL skin and hair types
- Very wide range of home device prices, from $30 to $1200!
- Gives you permanent results for 3+ months
- Saves money, time, and effort
All hair removal methods have both advantages and disadvantages. Electrolysis is one of these methods that have a lot of drawbacks.
- It takes multiple, long sessions that laser and IPL devices do not require at all.
- It causes more pain and discomfort.
- To get permanent results, coarse hair that grow in bikini area can take more treatment sessions.
- It may cause undesired side effects, such as scarring and reddening.
- Very risky and hard to use
- Cheaper devices are not effective
- If applied incorrectly, electrolysis devices may cause serious side effects such as scarring and really high pain
Electrolysis or Laser
- Electrolysis is a slower method of hair removal. On the contrary, lasers are faster, more versatile, and more suitable for permanent hair removal at home.
- Lasers take less treatment sessions as they can treat a larger area on the body in less time.
- Lasers can be used very easily at home, which means you don’t need help from others.
- Unlike Electrolysis, lasers do not require you to use a magnifying mirror for small, hard-to-reach areas.
- As you see, laser hair removal is way better than electrolysis hair removal. It’s faster, safer, cheaper, and more effective. Also, side effects are less and last for 2 days at most.
2 Best Electrolysis Permanent Hair Removal At Home
Clean N Easy Deluxe Home Electrolysis
The Deluxe Electrolysis kit by Clean N Easy is on top of our chart for easy, cheap electrolysis hair removal at home. It’s really fit with a simple white design and cheap price. Also, it’s mainly designed for unwanted visible hair on small areas such as eyebrows. Of course it’s suitable for all body areas, but most suitable for precise ones as it’s really small and slow!
The needle is really slim in order to easily reach the hair follicle. Moreover, the device provides intensity customization with a control dial.
It’s great for starters to practice before using professional electrolysis hair removal at home machines. However, if you know electrolysis better, then this device is not the best you can use.
Verseo ePen Permanent Hair Removal At Home
This electrolysis pen is designed for ergonomic use with no needle. It’s really easy to use and painless using galvanic clips with aloe vera gel. Also, it comes with 1 year money back guarantee, if you’re not satisfied with the product, just return it and take back your money. If you’re happy with it, congratulations, you’ve got a new everlasting electrolysis hair removal machine. Moreover, it’s really affordable and cost effective. However, low effectiveness and slow results suit its price!
2 Best Home Laser Permanent Hair Removal At Home
Philips Lumea Prestige BRI956
Philips Lumea is a leading company which has launched ten of devices. The best version of Philips Lumea is the Prestige BRI956. It’s really an amazing hair remover with an incredible combination of abilities and features. It’s powerful, effective, fast, and safe.
Moreover, it has got 4 curved attachments suitable for each area of the body: body, face, bikini line, and underarms.
Not to mention how powerful it is, Lumea Prestige BRI956 has a main wide 4.1 cm2 window delivering 6J/cm2. It’s worth mentioning that the device comes with a 250,000 flash cartridge enough for 15+ years of use!
This device provides unprecedented safety using a complete combination of systems:
- Skin tone sensor detects whether your skin tone is suitable or not
- Integrated safety system prevents unintentional flashing
- 5 adjustable energy levels
- SmartSkin sensor automatically adjusts energy level depending on your skin tone
- Skin contact sensor
- Integrated UV filter
The device has no negatives, we actually love this product so much!
However, the only problem people may consider is that it’s not working on light blond, red, white or grey hair colors.
Braun Silk-Expert 5 IPL
Braun Silk-Expert 5 is really an expert. While 94% of women noticed 92% reduction after only 3 treatments, 89% of women experienced lasting results 12+ weeks after the last treatment!
Moreover, it has a 3 cm2 treatment window and a 300,000 flash cartridge enough for 17-18 years of hair removal.
The device provides 3 energy modes: normal, gentle, and extra gentle modes. Also, it features 2 modes of application: Stamping and Gliding modes for smaller and larger areas respectively.
Just like Lumea Prestige BRI956, it delivers 6Jcm2. Moreover, it’s considered one of the safest devices as it provides 10 energy levels!
However, this particular device has amazing safety features just like Philips Lumea Prestige BRI956, and maybe better!
- Integrated safety system prevents unintentional flashing
- SensoAdapt sensor reads each skin tone of different parts of your body then automatically adapts the light intensity with it
- Skin tone sensor detects your skin tone before and during the treatments
- Skin contact sensor ensures no flashing until the device is in full contact with the skin
- Integrated UV filter
- 10 energy levels
You see, no matter what we talk about electrolysis, epilators, or waxes, laser hair removal was, is, and will be the only safe and permanent hair removal at home.
Home laser devices are the best solution for hair removal. They give up to 92% hair reduction within 3 treatments only. Moreover, they are affordable, safe, effective, and easy to use.
People always ask questions such as: Does laser hair removal hurt? Is it painful? Is it permanent? Does it work on dark skin? Is it suitable for men? etc. All these questions and more are answered by our team of expert, here on hair-removal-devices.com.