When it comes to removing body hair, women usually have to do this process on a weekly basis, which is considered so boring, and it consumes much time specially using traditional ways. That’s why they hate wasting their time and effort shaving and waxing. Moreover, These methods can cause pain and irritation. Luckily, science has developed new technologies in order to make women’s lives much easier and make removing hair process more enjoyable and consumes less time. Among those innovative techs: laser hair removal and IPL (Intense Pulsed Light).
Home laser hair removal is a technology for removing body hair by exposure to precise lasers. The process depends on damaging hair follicles and papilla by shedding a specific wavelength of laser on the hair. It only affects a particular tissue and it also has limited effect on surrounding tissues.
Our team of experts dedicated this article to explain everything about laser hair removal and best home laser hair removal and IPL devices. It also contains all you need to know about traditional & modern hair removal methods, suitable skins , and suitable devices.
Table Of Contents
- 1 Permanent Hair Removal
- 2 Traditional Hair Removal Methods
- 3 Laser Hair Removal Technology
- 4 Laser Hair Removal Benefits
- 5 Lasers Side Effects & Risks
- 6 IPL Hair Removal VS. Laser Hair Removal
- 7 Clinical VS. At-Home Laser Hair Removal
- 8 How To Determine Your Skin Tone
- 9 Best At-Home IPL & Laser Hair Removal Devices
- 10 (1) Philips Lumea BRI956/00 Prestige IPL
- 10.1 Philips Lumea Price
- 10.2 Specifications
- 10.3 Philips Lumea BRI956 Pros
- 10.4 Philips Lumea BRI956 Cons
- 10.5 Our Rating
- 10.6 Tutorial & How To Use
- 11 (2) Braun Silk-expert 5 IPL
- 12 (3) Tria Beauty 4X Hair Removal Laser
- 13 (4) Remington iLIGHT Ultra Face & Body
- 14 (5) Illuminage Touch Permanent Hair Reduction
- 15 (6) Tria Beauty Hair Removal Laser Precision
- 16 (7) Silk'n Flash & Go Luxx IPL Hair Removal
- 17 Conclusion
Permanent Hair Removal
In the past, women wished they had had a way that compensates for traditional hair removal methods such as shaving and waxing. In order to meet the demand, science has developed new technologies to make women’s lives easier. This was the beginning of the scientific breakthrough of “Electrolysis”.
With the advancement of science and technology, a new innovation showed up called laser hair removal. It’s a process that permanently reduces hair growth by damaging hair follicle and papilla using certain lasers.
It totally differs from other methods such as shaving, waxing, and electrolysis because it eliminates the hair from its roots, which makes hair growth a lot more slower and harder (we’ll take about this in detail). Below is more explanation of how laser hair removal differs from other traditional methods.
Traditional Hair Removal Methods
The very first ways invented to remove body hair are called traditional ways of hair removal. Some ways need to be used on a daily basis such as shaving, while people use other ways like waxing every three to four weeks or more frequently depending of the area being treated.
Ancient Egyptians have invented a way more like waxing called sugaring, it’s done by mixing oil and honey together then apply it to the skin and remove in a direction opposite to hair growth direction. Now, we are showing the traditional ways of hair removal.
On one hand, shaving is an efficient and easy method in which you remove body hair using a razor. On the other hand, it’s slow and not safe as you can cut yourself which may lead to some complications.
The main differences are that shaving is not as precise as lasers, it removes hair for a short period of time because the follicles is kept undamaged, and it can cause irritation and redness.
Meanwhile laser hair removal is a long-term hair reduction that prevents hair growth for a long period as it damages the hair from its root. Not to mention how safe and fast it is.
This is another traditional way of removing body hair. You only need to apply a wax to the skin then remove it in the direction opposite to hair growth direction.
Some kinds of waxes may need to be heated up first then it can be applied to the skin. As in case of shaving, waxing may lead to irritation and redness. However, waxing removes hair for a semi-permanent period, longer than shaving but shorter than hair removal lasers.
Electrolysis is the oldest unconventional method used to remove body hair. It’s considered the most efficient one between above mentioned methods.
Electrolysis is the process of removing body hair permanently using electricity. It’s done by inserting a proper metal probe into hair follicle at the same angle as hair goes out of the skin.
Then, an electrologist – a qualified professional person – applies electricity through the probe which causes the follicle to be damaged and prevents hair growth for a long period of time.
The difference here is that electrolysis is boring, slower, and more painful than laser hair removal technology.
Laser Hair Removal Technology
It should be concluded that lasers are more popular and more effective than other technologies used in removing body hair. They permanently reduce hair growth, remove body hair for a long period of time, and suit all tones of skins and all hair colors.
There are so many reviews and opinions from users prove the fact that laser devices are the most commonly used method in removing body hair. They mainly gained their popularity because of the following benefits.
Laser Hair Removal Benefits
- Speed: Hair removal lasers are faster than other methods like IPL and electrolysis. For instance, small areas of body such as lips and chicks can take up to 1 minute or less. Larger areas such as bikini line and legs can take approximately an hour of treatment.
- Sessions required: One needs approximately from four to six sessions to have permanent hair removal from a single area of body.
- Precision: It’s more precise than IPL; Unlike IPL, lasers only targets one tissue and it damages its hair follicle without harming the surrounding skin tissues.
- Hair reduction rate: Laser hair removal enjoys higher hair reduction rate than IPL in proportion of approximately 2%.
- Skin tones and hair colors: There are various devices with multiple beams of lasers in order to suit all hair colors and skin tones, whether your skin was natural, cool, or warm.
- Range: Lasers are used in a wide beam which makes them remove multiple follicles at once.
Individual results may vary from one to another…
On the other hand, lasers have their disadvantages. Despite they are not dangerous and don’t have long-term effect, we’re going to show them to make this article detailed and rich.
Lasers Side Effects & Risks
Normally, lasers have their side effects like all hair removal methods. They are not as risky as those of shaving or electrolysis as they do not exceed two or three days. Those side effects include:
One or more of these side effects may happen. But like we have mentioned, they rarely last for two or three days.
IPL Hair Removal VS. Laser Hair Removal
So, These were the most important benefits of lasers we could collect from polls and people reviews. Now, we’re going to display for the main differences between IPL and Laser hair removal.
First of all, we have to define IPL. Intense pulsed light (IPL) is a technology used for many medical procedures in general and hair removal and long-term hair reduction in particular without using lasers.
The light used in IPL is an intense pulsed optical spectrum like xenon flash light. It applies multiple wavelengths between 400nm and 1200nm with pulse widths up to 250ms in order to suit all hair colors and skin tones.
While lasers outputs a larger number of short pulses to generate a longer pulse, IPL can generate any wavelength without combining several short pulses, which is considered an advantage of IPL over hair removal lasers.
Speaking about advantages and disadvantages, we are going to mention the most important differences between IPL and laser hair removal techniques.
Main Differences Between IPL and Laser:
- Price: Although the majority of IPL devices may look cheaper than laser devices, there are also some IPL devices more expensive than laser ones.
- Efficiency: Most of Laser devices are more effective than IPL devices. This doesn’t mean that all laser hair removal devices are better than IPL hair removal devices!
- Safety: IPL devices are riskier than particular types of lasers. But difference between level of severity is so small that it can be neglected if those devices are used wisely.
- Speed: IPL devices damage hair roots faster than laser devices.
- Accuracy: Hair removal lasers are more precise than IPL. They can target a specific tissue and damage the hair from its follicle without harming any surrounding skin tissue. While IPLs damage the hair root but affects the surrounding skin tissues. Of course this effect is not that harmful, but it’s considered an advantage of lasers over IPLs.
- Skin tone and hair color: Lasers can be widely modified to fit your skin and hair color more than IPL.
- Range: laser hair removal can treat larger and more sensitive areas of body than IPL without causing any harmful effects because they are more precise.
“Laser in Medical Science”, a journal specialized in laser medical usages, has published a review in 2006 where it showed the difference between IPL and lasers.
After 6 months of treatment with both of the ways the review reported, according to some users, hair reduction rate as 71.71% for diode lasers (which is commonly in use in most of laser devices) and 66.96% for IPL.
It also reported side effects as 28.9% for diode lasers and 15.3 for IPL. But there is no need to worry because all side effects are temporary and do not exceed three days from the date of treatment.
Clinical VS. At-Home Laser Hair Removal
Recently, with the advance of science, Scientists have invented a new innovative way to remove body hair easily and effortless.
This great invention is laser hair removal devices. Laser devices have become so popular since women found that they are fast, precise, and easy to use.
People consider it as a gift by which they can save time, money and effort, not going to hair removal salons and clinics. These machines are developed to apply laser waves to hair follicle without need of a professional specialist.
But you should use these devices according to the instructions that come with it in order to reduce the risk of injuries.
The big disadvantage of clinical laser hair removal is its price, which is also considered as a main factor of gaining laser hair removal devices its popularity.
Doctors have estimated the price of clinical laser hair removal according to both number of sessions and the area of body the laser is applied to.
For instance, you might need no less than 6 sessions (approximately $2400, $400 per session) to remove hair from a bikini line; That’s a huge amount of money for just a hair removal process.
So, in attempt to lower the price and save your money, Tria Beauty, a leading company specialized in laser devices production, brought its very first at-home laser hair removal device “Tria Laser 4X” to the public in 2005.
The device was approved by FDA and was released in the United States in 2008. Tria Laser 4X uses the same diode technology which is used at clinics, and it only costs $449. It’s still not cheap, but it is undoubtedly much cheaper than 6 sessions of clinical laser hair removal. All clinical sessions and at-home laser hair removal prices will be explained in detail below.
Clinical Laser Hair Removal Cost
In order to make your life easier and save your effort, our team collected the common clinical laser hair removal prices. According to many clinics and sources such as “American Society of Plastic Surgeons”, laser hair removal session in the United States costs approximately $429.
Laser hair removal prices vary from clinic to another and from country to another, generally the average cost of laser treatment session depending on the targeted body area in Europe:
Laser Hair Removal prices in Europe
Please note that above mentioned prices are on average, they may be less or more, and they may vary annually.
Laser Hair Removal Prices In The United States
Laser hair removal procedure cost differs completely in the United States. According to “City Laser Clinic”, below are the prices depending on targeted body area and number of sessions:
|Targeted Area||Single Treatment Cost||3 Sessions Cost||6 Sessions Cost||8 Sessions Cost|
|Full Face (Inc Neck)||$60||$165||$300||%360|
The Clinic requested shaving the area being treated 1 day before laser hair removal treatment. In addition, Avoid exposure to sun light 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after laser treatment.
Laser Hair Removal Prices in Australia
Now, we will move to Australia. Below are the prices in Australian dollar per session for each part of the body According to “Laser Clinics Australia”:
|Back & Shoulders||$144|
|Nick (Front or Back)||$35|
|Female Full Body||$369|
|Male Full Body||$399|
Please note that prices mentioned above may vary from one clinic to another. So, do not consider them as fixed prices.
How To Determine Your Skin Tone
At the age of technology, there are hundreds of IPL and laser devices dedicated to facilitate hair removal procedure for women. There are devices for each skin tone and all hair colors. So, no matter what your hair color or skin tone is, you’ll find the suitable machine.
We have provided this article with 6 best at-home laser hair removal devices. But first, you need to learn how to determine your hair color and skin tone (undertone) in order to pick the device that suits your skin.
First, there are 3 different levels of skin tones – natural, warm, and cool. In order to know what is your skin tone, you need to read below:
5 Easy Steps To Determine Your Skin Tone:
- You need to wash your face to make your skin clean without any makeup. Then, wait 15 to 30 minutes before proceeding to the next step so as to let your skin rest and get back it’s real color.
- Now, you’re ready for step 2. Find a spot where sun light can fall directly on your skin because light bulbs may make your skin color look yellowish or different. Sit next to a window or in the garden of your house.
- Raise your arm in the sun light and look at your veins color to determine your skin tone.
- If your veins look olivaceous (yellowish-green), then you have a natural skin tone.
- If your veins look green, your skin tone is warm then.
- Finally, if your veins appears to be purple or blue, then your skin tone is cool.
- Use a white paper. Stand in front of a mirror, hold a white paper next to your face, and compare between your skin color and the white paper. If your skin looked yellowish or a bit darker than the white paper, then your skin tone is warm. If your face looked blue, red, or pink, then it’s a cool skin tone. The natural skin tone should look olivaceous or grey next to the white paper, that means you can’t determine if it was yellow, green, red, or blue.
- Hair and eye color. People with green or blue eyes and they have blonde or brown hair color, they usually have cool skin tone. While warm skin tone owners usually have brown or honey and they also have black or brown hair.
An Alternative Step
Another way to determine your skin tone instead of step 3 is by exposing your skin directly to sun light to see how sensitive your skin towards sun light.
- If it is so sensitive and get burns easily, then it’s cool-type skin tone.
- If not, and it’s hard to be burned or harmed, then your skin tone is warm.
- Finally, if you found it a middle mode between these two last modes, then it’s a natural skin tone.
After doing the previous steps, you should be able now to determine your skin tone, which then will make you able to choose the best hair removal device for you.
Best At-Home IPL & Laser Hair Removal Devices
The Appearance of IPL and laser hair removal treatment undoubtedly has made women’s lives much easier. On the other hand, these procedures are so expensive as you may need more than 6 sessions of treatment so as to get rid of unwanted hair from a single area of your body such as Bikini.
In order to solve the problem of hair removal high costs, leading companies invented those innovative machines that help you remove your body hair while resting at your home.
We’ve decided to save your effort looking for reputable approved devices by making a collection of 6 best at-home IPL & laser hair removal devices. Now, you have no excuse to choose your device and eliminate your body hair.
(1) Philips Lumea BRI956/00 Prestige IPL
With 4.75 out of 5 stars rate on official website, 4.4 stars on Amazon, and highly recommended by users, Lumea Prestige IPL Hair Removal BRI956/00 is the world’s first IPL with curved attachments and SmartSkin sensor.
Philips Lumea Price
Philips Lumea Prestige comes ready to use and costs only £575 ($681.92), no parts, no gel needed, and no additional cost.
You may find it on Amazon for £349.99 ($415), and on ebay and Philips for £475 ($563.33).
Enjoy high effectiveness and 8-week hair-free body
For best results, use Lumea Prestige treatment for 3 to 4 weeks. Results can be maintained by using the device every 4 to 8 weeks.
Wide impact on skin tones and hair colors
Suitable for a wide range of skin tones and hair colors. Philips Lumea 1956 works on 4 hair colors: Blond, dark blond, brown, and black hair, but it’s not suitable for gray, light blond, and red hair. It also works on 5 skin tones: White, medium white, blonde, dark blond, and brown. However, it doesn’t work on very dark skin.
Unique attachments suitable for all body areas for incomparable results
The very first device provided with curved attachments suitable for each area of body:
Size: Small 2 cm2 with extra filter
Lumea Prestige Bri956/00 comes with flat small 2 cm2 face attachment and extra integrated filter. The device will make you able to precisely remove hair from upper lip, chin, and jawline.
Size: Large 4.1 cm2
Unique parts with a curved-in shape and a large 4.1 cm2 size suitable for body curves. It’s effective on arms, legs, and stomach.
Size: Medium 3 cm2 with extra transparent filter
The device is dedicated to treat the most sensitive areas of your body. Hair in those areas are thicker and stronger. With a curved-out 3 cm2 attachment and transparent filter, you can easily get rid of sensitive areas’ hairs.
Size: Medium 3 cm2
This is another sensitive area that Lumea Prestige is able to treat effectively. The curved-out-shaped attachment helps you reach curved underarm area for better control and great results.
SmartSkin sensor will help you obtain the best results for your skin
With 5 energy settings, you’re now able to choose the best setting for your skin tone any time you want.
Ready to use, no replacement parts, no hidden costs
The device is simply designed, easy to use, and it doesn’t need any gel usage. It comes ready to use with no replacement parts and no additional costs. You only need to get it out of the box and start hair removal.
Philips Lumea BRI956 Pros
* High effectiveness
* Safe: It doesn’t work until flash window makes contact with your skin
* Skin sensor: 5 settings to choose from
* 4 unique attachments for each area (face, body, bikini, and underarms)
* Can be used cordless
* No replacement parts
* Adapter: 19.5 V / 4000 mA
* Power: Voltage 100-240 V
* Includes user manual
* 2-year guarantee
Philips Lumea BRI956 Cons
* You might feel a stinging sensation on your first-time use. But you can adjust intensity level to suit you.
* Runs out of power when used cordless in the middle of the procedure.
Philips Lumea Prestige BRI956 is definitely our #1 IPL hair remover. As you see, it nearly has no negatives. Moreover, it’s the most safe yet effective device on the market. Also, it has attachments for each application area, making it a lot easier to use.
It’s cordless, fast, and powerful. What prevents it from becoming our top device! So, we decided to give it 4.9 star rating for its abilities and easiness.
Tutorial & How To Use
(2) Braun Silk-expert 5 IPL
There is no device that is safer and more comfortable and useful than Braun Venus silk-expert IPL 5. For beautiful ladies who are permanently searching for the best device at eliminating hair safely, this device is highly recommended.
It is even recommended by almost all experts in the field due to its ability to treat large areas of skin. That is simply because it is versatile and very fast in both application and giving all desired outcomes.
Do not take a long time in deciding whether you are to get it at once or not. This is your time and turn to make your mind. Get it! And you will feel you have got the world between your hands.
You will get a large dark box showing the key product information in a sophisticated design. Inside are two smaller white boxes with a picture of the contents on top. When you open the lids, you will find the IPL handset and accompanying cleanser / exfoliator in a protective transparent casing.
- Braun Silk-expert 5 IPL device
- Gillette Venus razor (5001) OR
- Sonic body exfoliator (5009) OR
- Facial cleansing brush (5008)
- Power adaptor
- User manual
Braun Silk-Expert 5 Price
Price ranges from place to place, and even from a site to another. Price list could be presented as follows:
- You’ll find it on the official site with Gillette Venus razor, only $445.99,
- You also may find it on Amazon (for UK, USA, Europe, Canada $299-$485),
- and on shavershop.com.au, with no razor $699.
Braun Silk expert 5 IPL is a home-use device that uses Intense Pulsed Light to reduce hair re-growth. It helps you get rid of unwanted hair with continued supreme treatments.
It is especially for beautiful women who always take great care of their epidermis and its desired softness. Ladies can use it on their delicate skin and face below the cheekbones.
It can be applied to black, dark brown, brown, dark blonde hair and light to medium dark skin tones (Fitzpatrick skin types I to V).
It cannot be applied to light blonde, red, grey or white hair and brownish black and darker skin tones (Fitzpatrick skin type VI), or on dark brown or black spots such as birthmarks, warts and moles.
Available Same-Brand Editions
The manufacturer has issued special beauty editions with a bonus tool. It is the Silk-expert IPL BD 5009 that comes with a Braun Sonic Body Exfoliator, the Silk expert IPL BD 5008 with a Braun facial cleanser and the standard Braun / Venus Silk expert IPL BD 5001 that comes with a Gillette Venus razor.
For 11 weeks of use, you’ll need almost 12 treatments per year to get your desired outcomes. You can also expect outstanding results after just 6 treatments.
You will see that the robust design, strong built, and matchless performance puts this device on top of other variables. Thus, it will be your best choice.
Our reviewers and experts highly rate it because it is very fast and favored with developed skin tone sensor. It is obvious that it is made especially to be used on large areas and full body treatment. That is it; treat almost all areas of your body.
The lamp is of a high quality, and its lifetime is truly super. You will get a lot of flashes over use. It treats up to 900,000 cm2 plus more than 200 body applications, and offers you more than 15 years of efficient use. With its plenty treatments, it provides great value for money.
In fact, Braun Venus silk-expert 5 is very easy to use. Although the US user manual is a bit different form the UK one, the US version is easier to carry out its instructions. Related information is in a better order, and it clearer and friendlier.
That plethora of information makes the user manual more informative and interesting. It combines illustrative diagrams, direct and clear instructions, how to use the Braun IPL tool, how IPL works, etc.
Silk-Expert 5 Pros
* Robust build & elegant, attractive design
* Gives all the power and safety needed to perform well
* More developed skin tone sensor that spots and picks the best intensity, then works well
* Excellent for those who have diverse tones on wide areas of the body
* Maybe the fastest device you can ever use. May take just 8:30 minutes for a leg
* ‘Gentle mode’ serves to reduce intensity, which makes it very good for sensitive areas, g. bikini line
* Lasts more than 15 years on monthly use for full body
* Built in UV filter
* FDA cleared and CE mark (EU declaration of conformity to meet safety requirements)
* Treatment calendar and active reminders attached. Just to track your progress with the Silk expert IPL App
* Attractive and affordable price
* Trusted brand offering high-class and responsive customer service
Silk-Expert 5 Cons
* Power cord can be damaged easily (It needs high care)
* No attached cleaning pouch or even a piece of cleaning cloth (Yet, you can use a one of your own)
* Not suitable for the darkest skin tones
Tutorial & How To Use
(3) Tria Beauty 4X Hair Removal Laser
Tria 4X is an FDA-cleared, at-home laser hair removal device that is used to permanently get rid of unwanted hair all over the body, giving matchless results that cannot be compared.
This device is suitable for ladies with light to medium skin tone and with naturally light brown to black body hair.
As with all hair removal devices sold online or on TV, Tria Laser 4X can do wonders for some women, but may not work well for others. Women with dark skin tones or light-colored hair are not to use this device.
This is because the Tria Laser Hair Removal 4X works with the dark pigment in the hair; lighter hair colors such as white, blond, red, or gray will not absorb enough of the laser’s energy to disable the hair follicle.
As for women with light skin tone and dark hair, it might work if they are willing just to try it.
Hair color in one area might be darker or lighter than hair color in another area; therefore, You have to check the hair in the area you wish to treat before you use the device.
Tria 4X Price
Tria Hair Removal Laster 4x safely delivers over 3 times more hair-eliminating energy than any other at-home hair removal devices. This really makes it the most powerful at-home hair removal device. Actually, it is safe and effective, and you’ll be surprised at the outstanding and amazing results.
It only costs $449 on the official website and Amazon. Is it value for your beauty?
Let’s see. The Tria Hair Removal Laser 4X permanently disables hair follicle to stop hair growth on the body, giving everlasting results. It is also gentle enough to remove unwanted hair on the face for women.
To get the best results, apply it to the area required once every 2 weeks until you get all the results you need. Think of it. The device is worth it!
Interactive LED display
The device is distinguished by a beyond compare LED display. It is a kind of LED display that guides you through each treatment, safely and effectively.
The device is also effective and specially designed so that you can feel satisfied on your way to get a smoother, softer skin. It has great safety indicator; in fact, it will lock auto if it finds the skin type unsuitable. That is amazing!
No cartridge replacement, rechargeable battery
The Battery indicator, on the other hand, shows light that indicates battery charge. It will blink when the battery is low and needs to be recharged, just to warn you.
Battery recharge, this is another big difference between it and IPL products, you don’t need to buy cartridge replacement.
- Wide range of skin tones & hair colors
Tria 4X can work on medium blond, light brown, medium brown, dark brown, and black hair. Also, it works on white, evory, beige, and light brown skin tones. However, it neither works on white/grey, light blond, and red hair colors, nor dark brown and brownish black skin tones.
Adjustable treatment levels
To use the Tria Laser 4X, push the power button to turn it on and then unlock it by placing the red sensor on the bottom of the device against the area you want to use it on.
For example, if you are going to use it on your bikini line, place the red sensor against it. Then, choose one of the five power settings. It is better to treat the area at the highest level “you can tolerate”.
Tria 4X Pros
* The most effective laser hair removal device on the market today
* World's first FDA approved home laser hair removal device
* 20 J/cm2 hair reduction energy, over 3 times more than other devices
* Clinically and scientifically proven
* Clear digital display
* Comfortably usable on the whole body
* Needs no cartridge replacement
* Much faster and safer than other laser devices
* Permanent hair removal
* Interactive LED Display, you can view the whole treatment status
* Price affordable compared with expensive salon prices
* Adjustable Treatment Levels, you can try from low to high
Tria 4X Cons
* A little pricier than other machines
* Battery can only support 30 minutes
* Treatment area is not very wide
Tutorial & How To Use
(4) Remington iLIGHT Ultra Face & Body
For Ladies who prefer beauty to other feminine characteristics, and for those delicate women who love elegance, I recommend Remington iLIGHT Ultra Face & Body Pro. It the choice that will satisfy your pride.
The device has proven to be safe for use to remove body and female facial hair at home. But it is not recommended for application to eyebrows or anywhere near the eyes.
For use on all areas of the female face (not eyebrows), using the special 2 sq cm cap attachment provided is recommended as it is safe.
For use on the body, the larger, 3 sq cm cap, is recommended as it is designed especially to cover larger areas more quickly and efficiently.
It gives noteworthy hair reduction after just 3 treatments, and has built-in safety features to minimize any possible risk of skin damage, irritation, or any kind of undesired results.
With only $349.99 from the official website, you can enjoy having a device that will change your life for the better!
It’s also found on Amazon for $399.99. It can be returned within 30 days in most cases.
Remington iLIGHT Ultra Face & Body Pro is an easy-to-use and comfortable device, though it might not be easy when used for difficult-to-reach areas. It’s not too big, and also not too small.
Unlike some other home hair removal devices, this one can be used on body hair and facial hair, so can do without using other devices. It also treat a large area of the body, and this can cut off the time of sessions.
Remington iLIGHT Ultra Face & Body Pro is FDA-cleared for use on the face and body. This can give you safe treatment that are to deliver desired, long-term results. It has bulbs; each one can deliver 65,000 flashes before the cartridge should be replaced. This is over 2x more compared to previous models.
The device is especially designed to treat female facial hair; this includes cheeks, upper lip, chin, neck, and sideburns. Very precise, isn’t it?
For your comfort and satisfaction, the device is designed also for safe application to areas below the neck including arms, underarms, chest, legs, stomach, and bikini line.
The flash window is 50% larger for faster treatments with expert results. Time Between Flashes- 3 Seconds (for Body Cap), 4 Seconds (for Facial Cap). Voltage-120-230 VAC.
Remington Ultra Face & Body Pro has a quartz light bulb that keeps working for more uses than any other bulb.
Note that this device is corded, not battery-powered. If you think that a portable battery-powered device is more convenient, you should also know that the cord takes the place of recharge.
What's in The Box?
The colored box includes the following contents:
* iLIGHT Ultra Face & Body Device
* Light Cartridge (pre-installed) with 65,000 flashes
* Body Cap (pre-installed)
* Facial Cap
* Cleaning Cloth (lint free)
* Instruction Guide
How It Works
Instructions remind you of always carrying a patch on a small area to test for any side effects. There are some phases that you will experience in order to get the best results.
- Start Phase – You must first clean cleanse and dry the area of the body to be treated. Get rid of any cosmetics, deodorants, perfumes, and any other things that could make your epidermis much sensitive. Make sure that the area to be treated has no remaining hairs.
- Testing Phase – Switch on the device, and direct the skin tone sensor to the area to be treated. If you notice that this area is still safe even after switching on and activating the device, you will hear a high pitched beep (and the light goes on green), indicating that skin tone is safe. Proceed the process. But if this does not take place, the skin tone sensor will turn yellow, and sound a high buzz. Please DO NOT proceed!
- Choice of Energy Level Phase – Choose the energy level you need, from 1 – 5, by the use of the skin patch test. Higher level may lead to more discomfort.
- Treatment Phase – Use either the body cap or facial cap appropriately. Apply it to the area to be treated. Note: Make sure the contact sensors touch the skin closely. When you press the flash button, there will be a pulse of light on your skin> Afterwards, lift the handset and move on to the next patch of skin. Use a grid pattern, and make sure that each patch is flashed just once. After nearly three seconds, you will hear a beep indicating that the device is ready to flash again.
How To Glide
If you prefer to cover the area more quickly, you can hold down the flash button while gliding the device into position for the next flash. Enjoy!
Remington iLIGHT Ultra Pros
Remington iLIGHT Ultra Cons
Tutorial & How To Use
(5) Illuminage Touch Permanent Hair Reduction
It is well known that iluminage Touch Permanent Hair Reduction is clinically proven to permanently eliminate unwanted hair. The device is FDA-cleared for all skin tones and safe for use on the face and body. Moreover, it uses a combination of Intense Pulsed Light and Radio Frequency (RF) technology to deliver professional permanent hair reduction.
The device features an additional epilator attachment that allows people with light hair to probe the skin and remove hairs from the root before “touch” treatment, which can increase the effectiveness of the results.
It is suitable for use on both the face and body. It’s been clinically proven to be safe and effective on all skin and hair colors – no exception.
The device also features 300,000 flashes; this gives you enough pulses to last for a lifetime of full body treatments.
It is really amazing! Up to 94% hair reduction in just 6 weeks, after only one series of treatments (7 treatments in 6 weeks).
What Does The Box Include?
- Base unit with a Built in 300,000 quartz lamp
- FREE Precision Unit
- User guide + User guide DVD
- 2 year warranty
- 110-240V Voltage 50-60Hz
- EU/US Outlet
Iluminage Touch Price
The device is a compact, professional, at-home hair removal technology for the face and body. Fortunately, it is small and lightweight, and convenient to use both at home and away. It offers you the privilege of treating small and large areas in just minutes; perfect for bikini, legs, underarm, and face.
It is more than wonderful! Besides all of these, you can add its amazing price; it costs $445 on Amazon and the official website. A bit pricy? The official site recently put this product on sale for only $356. Now, look carefully at its benefits and advantages.
Iluminage Touch Permanent Hair Reduction (IPL) treats arms, legs, face, underarms and bikini area in just minutes. It is really very easy to use because of its unsophisticated technology; simply glide over your skin in a continuous motion.
You will notice that optional attachments let you shave or epilate during your treatment. Don’t worry; It is OK. Use the device on targeted areas once a week for 7 treatments — periodic touch-up treatments are suggested as needed.
It has replaceable cartridges; quartz replacement cartridge, epilator cartridge, and shaver cartridge. Each costs $150 ($125 on Amazon), $50, and $50 respectively. You need to know that the epilator attachment should not be used on face, it also should not be used too strongly on skin, and pull skin taut while using.
- More than 45% of hair removed after just two treatments
- More than 90% hair reduction after 7 weeks
- Combination of IPL and Radio Technology
- 300,000 flashes with no cartridges
- Suitable for all kinds of hair
- Permanent results on all skin tones
- Durable build – simple design
- Affordable for every one
Iluminage Touch Pros
Iluminage Touch Cons
Tutorial & How To Use
(6) Tria Beauty Hair Removal Laser Precision
Tria Precision Hair Removal Laser has brought the power of clinical hair removal process directly to your home. It uses the diode laser technology used in hair removal offices.
The device applies the effect of laser technology, which permanently reduces hair re-growth in treated areas by damaging hair follicles. Moreover, it doesn’t harm any surrounding skin tissue.
Like most hair removal devices, Tria Hair Removal Laser Precision should be used once every two weeks for 6 to 8 weeks for best results.
Tria Precision Price
The fascinating Tria Beauty Hair Removal Laser Precision puts the power of diode laser technology in your hands only for $254 on the official website with 15% off ($299 before discount).
6 to 8 weeks on average for hair-free body
For best results, use Tria Precision once every two weeks for 6 to 8 weeks on average for hair to be permanently removed. Do not forget, individual results may vary.
Clinical tests and FDA approve that Tria Hair Removal Laser Precision is safe and easy for hair removal.
Recommended by dermatologists and plastic surgeons
The device is tested and recommended by plastic surgeons and dermatologists because of its safety, effectiveness, and credibility.
Skin sensor for more safety
Tria Laser Precision is provided with a smart skin sensor that tests if the treatment suits your skin or not.
60 days Money-back guarantee
The best evidence of Tria Hair Removal Laser Precision’s credibility is its 60 days money-back guarantee. The company is so confident that the device is going to satisfy you. You only need to use it once every two weeks and se the great results. If not satisfied, simply give it to the company and get back your money!
Superb designed especially for hard-to-reach areas
With dimensions of 2.15 pounds weight, 393.7 in width, 236.2 in height, and 472.4 in length, Tria Precision is designed for hard-to-reach areas of body. It can reach sensitive areas and it gently damages hair follicles without causing any harm.
Works for dark hairs and light skin tones
The device works for dark hair colors such as light brown, medium brown, dark brown, and black. In addition, it works on light skin tones such as white, ivory, blond, and light brown. However, it’s neither suitable for blond, gray, and red hairs, nor for medium brown, dark brown, and black skin tones.
Tria Precision Pros
Tria Precision Cons
Tutorial & How To Use
(7) Silk'n Flash & Go Luxx IPL Hair Removal
Designed by physicians and clinically tested, Flash&Go Luxx is a light-based device that works using IPL technology for removing unwanted hair. The device is modified with HPL (Home Pulsed Light) in order to move the safety and speed right to your home.
Silk'n Flash&Go Luxx Price
Flash&Go Luxx come in price of $384 on the official site. You will find it on Amazon for $370, and on ebay for only $374. Moreover, there are no additional costs because the device has a lifetime cartridge, user manual, and instructions DVD.
Six to eight treatment sessions for hair-free body
On average, hair takes six to eight treatment sessions to be permanently treated. However, individual results may vary.
Clinically proven and FDA approved
Flash&Go Luxx has been proven after many clinical tests. Moreover, FDA approved it in the United States; with 120,000 pulses, it’s suitable for safe and easy use at home.
Recommended by doctors and plastic surgeons
Plastic surgeons and doctors recommend the device, which gave it its credibility about effectiveness and safety.
For more safety and effectiveness, Silk’n Flash&Go Luxx provides a unique skin sensor that tests whether the treatment suits your skin or not.
- Fast treatment and super results
With the smart skin sensor and 120,000 pulses, Silk’n Flash&Go Luxx can provide fast, yet effective, at-home treatment with no effort. You don’t need to worry about your time and effort because with Flash&Go Luxx, your hair removal process is much easier.
Suitable for large and small areas
The device is precise and efficient when used properly. It lets you reach the smallest parts of your body with total ease.
Gentle on sensitive areas
You can enjoy your privacy removing sensitive areas’ hair at home with this super device. It’s gentle on skin, tough on hair.
Silk’n Flash&Go Luxx 120,00 gives you full control and great results with low energy level. It’s effective on all skin tones except dark brown and brownish black ones. Moreover, it works on all hair colors except light blond, gray, white, and red hairs.
Silk'n Flash&Go Luxx Pros
Silk'n Flash&Go Luxx Cons
Tutorial & How To Use
Permanent hair removal requires real care and attention. There are many devices that compensate for clinical hair removal process, but this does not mean that it’s safer! However, these devices are invented for in-home usage under manufacturer’s instructions. So, if you do not adhere to the instructions, you’ll suffer several dangerous side effects.
There is no need to worry as long as you follow the instructions and user guide. Thus, you will gain permanent hair removal and hair re-growth reduction. Moreover, companies designed those devices to last more than one year, while some devices may last for more than 10 years with appropriate use.
Our team of experts have made a great effort to provide you with this comprehensive article in order to help you choose the best hair removal device suitable for your skin and hair type. We hope you can utilize the information included. We wish you a fresh, bright, and hair-free body and face!