In the last few years, science discovered a magical method to remove unwanted hair and give us permanent results painlessly. Actually, this method was used to treat skin diseases, then scientists developed it to remove hair, it’s laser hair removal. We all know that laser best works on light skin tones and dark hair, so you may think that life is not fair. But it was in the past, now there is laser hair removal for dark skin.
Lasers have been going under tests to get the most of it. Recently, they were proven to be safe and effective on all skin types.
There are two kinds of lasers, at-home laser hair removal and clinical laser hair removal for dark skin. In this article, we will show you the differences between the two types in detail.
Table Of Contents
At-Home Laser Hair Removal
If you are a dark-skinned woman, you should know that most at-home laser devices are not suitable for you. Don’t be disappointed, science develops every day and finds a solution for every problem. Scientists have found a new technology suitable for all skin types called “elōs”. It consists of Intense Pulsed Light “IPL” and Radio Frequency “RF” energies. This technology delivers unprecedented fast, safe, and effective treatments for smooth, hair-free skin.
Also, like other light-based technologies, ELOS leaves the surrounding skin untouched and free of potential harmful side effects. However, it takes more than 3 treatment to affect all the follicles growing in a single area. Most people get their results within 4-10 sessions, individual results vary depending on genetic and hormonal factors.
Moreover, light-colored hair may require more treatments than darker one. In the same vein, dark skin tones may need more treatments than finer ones.
It’s worth mentioning that the best device that uses this technology is the famous Illuminage Touch. So, now you can say bye bye to unwanted hair with the laser hair removal for dark skin, Illuminage Touch.
Clinical Laser Hair Removal For Dark Skin
When I write clinical laser, I always accompany it with “for dark skin”. It doesn’t mean that it only works on dark skins, but it’s the most effective on them. Nowadays, there are hundreds of clinics in each country provide safe and fast treatments for dark skin.
Unlike Caucasian skin, dark skin needs to be treated slightly because of the high melanin concentration found in it. But now, laser hair removal for dark skin has become very easy and safe thanks to Nd:YAG laser rechnology.
We will talk about the importance of this technology for laser hair removal for dark skin in detail.
Nd:YAG Laser Hair Removal For Dark Skin
Nd:YAG laser has a longer wavelength of 400-1200 nm that can target all melanin colors especially dark ones. The longer laser beam can travel deep underneath the skin to reach melanin in hair follicles without harming epidermal pigment.
When compared to other lasers, Nd:YAG is the most effective one on all skins and hairs. Also, the Food and Drug Administration “FDA” has approved the this technology for laser hair removal for dark skin. However, like other technologies, Nd:YAG laser works very well after multiple treatment sessions. Moreover, it’s effective on body hair, facial hair, and even bushy hair on dark skin.
Nd:YAG laser has so many benefits which include:
- Suitable for both men and women
- Works on all skin & hair types
- Up to 92% hair reduction within 10 sessions
- Permanent results, 6+ months of hair free skin
- Works on all facial and body areas
- Painless and safe, you may feel discomfort during the first session though
How To Prepare For Laser Hair Removal Treatments
There are some tips and precautions to be considered when preparing for laser hair removal treatments:
- Do a skin test
- Avoid tanning for at least a month before your laser hair removal session and 2 weeks after
- Shave for 2 days before your laser treatment
- Do not wax or use other traditional ways for at least 8 weeks before
- Cleanse your skin before the session
- Wear appropriate clothing
- After the treatment, use a numbing cream
- Ice the treated area after the session
Iluminage Touch … IPL Laser Hair Removal For Dark Skin
It’s a new beauty device produced by Iluminage Beauty brand which was founded in 2011. The Iluminage Touch from pH Beauty group is a magical permanent hair reduction device. it is a gift for those people who have darker skin tones and fair hair. Using elōs energy, it’s became the first and only FDA-cleared hair removal device proven to work on all skin tones and the widest range of hair colors.
- Integrated UV filter
- Gentle and easy to use
- Fast treatments
- Proven to treat all skin tones and a wide range on hair colors
- Effective especially on dark blond, brown, dark brown, and black hair
- Uses safe IPL combined with RF energy
- Affordable compared to the results
- Iluminage Touch “actually” gives 70-90% hair reduction after 7 treatments. Not as the site promised, but enough for the money and abilities. However, individual results may vary
- High efficiency cartridge with 300,000 flashes which lives 4-6 years
- Good support team customer service
- 60 day money-back guarantee. If you did not get the results you wish, simply return the device and take back your money.
- Too slow results especially for blond and red hair colors
- Only 3 treatment levels
- No skin tone sensor
- Only corded, you may consider put the device on a high, close place
- Does not last for a very long period compared to some other devices as you need to treat the same area for several times in the same treatment session
- There are faster, better devices on the market
- Flimsy bulb, needs more attention and care
- If you did not follow the instructions faithfully word by word, you may see no results!
- Website info can be improved more than that
- Not returning the device until you do some steps then you may be able to return it “if there is still enough time!”
………. Also Read ……….