Braun Silk Epil 9 and how to use it: this great device works as epilator and exfoliator. What are Braun Silk Epil 9 pros and cons and how to get the most of it without causing skin sensitivity.
Braun new model is a multi purpose device. You can use it as an epilator, shave and skin exfoliator. It is 3-in-1 tool with many attachments included. As it is the summer time, and we all try to keep our skin shiny and smooth for the most of the time, I think it is the best time to talk about epilators and how to use them properly. I picked Braun Silk Epil 9 because it has flexibility to use it for wet and dry hair removal. And you can take it with you while traveling too.
Table Of Contents
Braun Silk Epil 9 Wet & Dry Epilator
Braun Silk Epil 9 is a great device and the results of using it are just amazing. My skin becomes hair free for 3 weeks after each epilation session. It takes me only 10 minutes to epilate both of my legs. And hair removal using and epilator is not painful like waxing. It might be disturbing when you feel the sensation of epilation for the first time. But you will get used to it after sometime. Now after using this lovely epilator for a year, my skin doesn’t feel irritated. No need to use numbing creams with Braun Silk Epil 9.
- 2 speed settings
- Works as epilator, trimmer and exfoliator
- Suitable for face and body hair removal
- Comes with massage head, trimmer head and presion head
- Nothing! We loved everything about it
For more information:
Using Braun Silk Epil 9 For The first time
If you never tried Braun models before and just tried this model for the first time, you started from the right place. As you can use this model for both wet and dry epilation. I recommend using it in the shower or in the bath as it would be much easier than dry epilation. Wet epilation is easier as the hairs are wet and more loose so you will find the epilator easier to use.
How To Use Silk Epil 9 as Epilator
- Charge the silk epil 9 to full before using it to make sure that it won’t go off during hair removal.
- Make sure that your skin is clean and free of any skin products to avoid reactions with the epilator.
- Braun Silk Epil 9 has 2 speed settings. Use the low speed setting (I) for gentle epilation. While the speed (II) is for efficient epilation for large skin areas such as the legs and arms.
- After choosing the speed level, put the device on 45 degrees on the area you are epilating. Stretch the skin while epilating to minimize ingrown hairs.
- Move the device on your skin in a slow continuous movement. Don’t press the skin too hard not to hurt your skin. You might need to switch the direction of epilation to make sure you remove all the hairs growing in different directions.
- Use the massage cap to make your skin very comfortable during using Silk Epil 9.
- For sensitive areas, you can use the skin contact cap. It is more precise head and improves adaptation to the hair removal device for the area you are epilating with less pain.
Wet And Dry Epilation
- For dry epilation.. Make sure that your skin is completely dry and free of creams and lotions. For wet usage.. Charge the device then plug it off and start using it under running water. Moist your skin as much as you can to avoid skin irritation and achieve the optimum gliding experience during epilation.
How To Use Silk Epil 9 As Exfoliator
You won’t need to buy exfoliator device thanks to the accessories that come with this epilator. It comes with a deep exfoliation brush. Attach the head instead of the epilating head. Use it for removing dead skin cells. You should exfoliate your skin using the exfoliating head at least once a week.
You can also apply skin care products after exfoliation to increase the skin absorption.
How To Turn on Braun Silk Epil 9
Turning on your Braun silk Epil 9 device is really easy. First make sure you charge the device till full. Then plug it off. Push the circle in a circular motion to turn the device on and you will find the lamp lighting and the rotating head spinning. It will start working perfectly. And to turn your Braun Silk Epil 9 off, push the circle in the opposite direction.
How I Added Silk Epil 9 to My Skincare Routine
So, this device has a lot of accessories and extra attachments. Here is how I added it to my skincare routine:
- Attach the exfoliation head. Exfoliate my skin once weekly to avoid ingrown hairs. If I don’t have time for full body exfoliation, I use it on my legs only as I intend to epilate my legs more often.
- Attach the massage head for epilating large skin areas and thep presion head for the bikini line hair removal.
- Shave the areas I can’t epilate. Personally, I prefer shaving the bikini area as the skin is very sensitive to avoid pumps and redness.
Now you know more about how to use sikl epil 9. Braun Silk Epil 9 is not just an epilator. This device works as an epilator, trimmer and more over exfoliator thanks to the many accessories it comes with. I was very excited to try Braun Silk Epil 9 after using Braun Silk Epil 7 for 5 years because it uses senso smart technology. And for the areas you are too sensitive to epilate, you can use the trimmer head. Just switch the heads and start grooming your armpit or your bikini area with no irritation or red bumps at all. If you are interested in reading more about the best epilator, I recommend reading my full article about the 10 best epilators on the market.