Braun Silk Epil 7 how to use, what is included? And which model is the best for both face and body hair epilating for beginners and experts?
I’m a big fan of Braun Silk Epil 7. It is a fantastic epilator for full body hair removal at home. Shaving is tedious and painful because it causes red pumps and you have to do it daily. When I epilate my legs, I don’t need to worry about the hair problem for weeks which is very satisfying. This epilator comes with 40 tweezers which makes it faster than epilators from other brands.
Table Of Contents
Braun Silk Epil 7
Check Price On Amazon
- Score 4.8
- Battery Run Time: 40 minutes
- Wet & Dry: Yes
- Trimmer: Yes
- .works as epilator, shaver and trimmer
- With 3 attachments for different body areas
- 40 tweezers
- Uses close-grip technology
- Fast hair removal
- Suitable for wet and dry epilation
- It is a bit painful.
How To Use Braun Silk Epil 7
Here is how to use Braun Silk Epil 7 at home:
- First, make sure that the epilators head is clean. You can use alcohol for cleansing your skin before using Braun silk Epil 7 to promote good skin hygiene.
- Second, the device has 2 speed settings. I is for gentle hair removal. And II for fast epilation.
- Move the Braun Silk Epil 7 on your skin without high pressure. Hold the skin taut it minimizes ingrown hairs caused by epilation.
- Use the massage cap to minimize pain during hair removal sessions.
- For removing the hairs of your legs, move the device in an upward direction. Don’t forget to stretch out the skin. You might need to direct the device in many directions to get rid of all unwanted hairs.
- For removing your facial hair, attach the facial cap to precisely remove the hairs with the least possible pain.
- You can use a lower setting if you find the high speed painful.
- How To Make an Epilator Hurt Less?
- How Long Does Hair Have to Be To Epilate
- Can You Epilate Your Vag ? How To Do That Safely?
Clean Your Silk Epil 7
You should clean your silk Epil 7 after each epilation session. It comes with a cleaning brush that you can use for brushing out extra hairs trapped in the tweezers. You should clean the epilator head from the rear side using the cleaning brush. You can also add alcohol to disinfect your epilator. I recommend you do so after each epilation and not before to avoid bacterial growth and skin infections.
Is it Better to Epilate Wet or dry?
Ideally, you should use your Braun Silk Epil 7 for dry epilating. However, some areas are very sensitive such as the bikini area. You can either remove the hair by shaving or wet epilation. When you use your epilator in the shower or the bath, the hairs loosen and the epilator grabs them much easier.
Can Braun Silk Epil 7 Be Used On Face?
Yes. Braun Silk Epil 7 comes with a special head for facial hair removal. The precision head will help you remove extra eyebrows and extra hairs without pain. Its surface is smaller to minimize pain and irritation.
Braun Silk Epil 7 Accessories
It is an amazing epilator that comes with 5 attachments. You can use the efficiency cap to minimize the pain during hair removal for sensitive areas such as the armpits and the bikini area. The facial cap is effective in removing the upper lip and chin extra hairs. It is really easy to use and precise. All epilators are painful on the face but by using a special head, you can reduce the pain during face epilation.
The other 2 caps are for shaving and trimming. You can use them on sensitive areas when you don’t have enough time for shaving.
Are the shaving heads useful?
The trimmer is very helpful in the bikini area. You can use it in the winter when you don’t have to epilate all sensitive areas as you are wearing clothes most of the day.
You can also use the trimmer head to make the hair shorter before using the epilator head to reduce epilation pain. This way the epilator might hurt less.
Many women use Braun Silk Epil 7 shaver heads for the areas they can’t tolerate the pain of epilation. As the epilator removes the hairs from the roots, it might cause skin redness and swell for days on sensitive skin.
- can you epilate pubic hair ? How So?
- Epilator How to Use For The First Time
- how to use epilator on face
What I Don’t Like About Silk Epil 7
For dry epilation, the epilator causes pain. And I don’t consider this a disadvantage. The only cons about this epilator are the price. It is a luxurious device that can be used for dry & wet epilation. It is totally worth the money but it is not for everyone. If you are searching for a cheaper option, you can try Braun Silk Epil 5, especially if you are not sure that epilation is the way to go. Read my full review to learn more about it.
In general, it is worth the money. If you are searching for an epilator for long-term investment, I recommend it to you. It has the same features as Braun Silk Epil 9 but the head is smaller.
The other thing that I didn’t like about Braun Silk Epil 7 & 9 that you can’t use the epilator while being charging. You have to plug it off before turning it on to launch it. I guess it has to do because it is designed for both wet and dry hair removal. It only works on battery but I think it would be much help if I can use it during charging too because I don’t have time to charge the epilator before starting using it and sometimes I forget about that.
Now you know more about Braun Silk Epil 7 how to use it, its pros, cons, and the differences between it and other Braun Silk Epil models. I don’t think you have to buy Silk Epil 9 because they are very similar in features and efficacy. Choose the tool that comes with the features you need. You can also find more information about the 10 best epilators on the market by reading my full review.
If you are more interested in other Braun models, I recommend reading Braun Silk Epil guides: