How To Use Braun Epilator 3, does it worth the money? And which one is better: Braun Silk Epil 3 or 5? Read this guide to help you choose the right one for your skincare routine.
I decided to try Braun Epilator 3 and share with you how to use it properly at home. Ingrown hairs are a problem that many people suffer from when they use an epilator. Yet, you can minimize and prevent such side effects with the tips we will discuss in this article. I find the Braun Silk Epil epilator the best epilator to keep my legs smooth and hair-free for more than 2 weeks! It is a really helpful device.
Table Of Contents
Braun Silk Epil 3 Epilator
Check Price On Amazon
What is included?
- A massage roller attachment
- Epilator head
- Shaver head with trimmer cap for sensitive areas
- A charger
- Works corded so no need to charge first
- 20 tweezers
- A Budget-friendly
- Includes shaver and trimmer attachments
- Great for people who are new to epilation
- Requires many passes to epilate the hairs
- Not suitable for travel
- A bit painful
How to Use Braun Epilator 3
- This epilator is only suitable for dry epilation. Make sure that your skin is dry before starting to use it.
- Make sure the epilator head is clean before turning the device on.
- Slide up the power button with the device corded. The setting I for epilating sensitive areas such as the bikini line and underarms. Setting II is for other body areas. You can use setting II for all body areas if you are experienced with using an epilator.
- Rub the skin to lift the hairs and move the device in the opposite direction of hair growth. Epilation is the opposite of shaving, you should use Braun epilator 3 against the hair growth direction.
- Make the device at 90 degrees against the skin surface without pressure. Try to move the device slowly to get the best results.
- After finishing, unplug the device and detach the massage cap. Clean the epilation head using the cleaning brush to remove trapped hairs.
How To Use Braun Epilator 3 on legs
For epilating your legs. Use the device at 90 degrees moving upward to epilate unwanted hair. And for epilating behind your knee, keep your leg stretched out straight. You might need to clean your device more than once while removing legs hair, especially if your legs hair is thick and long. To do so, turn off the device and remove the epilation head. You can remove it easily by pressing the side buttons on the left and right. And attach it again after removing trapped hairs using the cleaning brush. The time needed for epilation vary from one person to another depending on how many hairs you have and your experience with epilation. Usually, epilating both legs takes around 30-50 minutes. The more you epilate, the quicker you will be with using your Braun Silk Epil 3 epilator.
Using Silk Epil 3 On Armpits and Bikini Line
- Make sure that your Silk Epil 3 epilator is plugged in. and that the bikini area and underarms and dry.
- Hold the skin taut. For the underarms, place the arm up and over your head to make your skin tight.
- I recommend that you epilate your underarms in front of the mirror to make sure that your skin is taut.
- Move the device in different directions to remove all extra hairs. The light quick strokes are the best for sensitive areas to make the epilator less painful.
- If you found the epilator painful on sensitive areas, don’t forget to use the lower speed setting.
- After epilating sensitive areas, you can apply a lotion or cream to minimize skin irritation. Don’t put too many products on your skin after epilation to avoid skin interaction.
Tips For Using Braun Epilator 3
- Use the Braun Silk Epil 3 at night. You are more relaxed and less stressed at night.
- People with sensitive skin might experience redness and skin irritation after using the Braun Silk Epil epilator. It is totally normal and usually disappears within hours. You will find your skin clean and hair-free.
- The Braun Epilator 3 has 2-speed settings. Use the lower speed setting for sensitive areas. Then you can use the higher speed for touchup and other body areas. If you are new to epilation, you can stick to a lower speed until you master using your epilator. Take your time. Don’t move the device too quickly to avoid hair breakage.
- Moisturize your skin using a lotion after each epilation session to avoid skin redness and irritation.
- Don’t forget to clean your device after each time you epilate. Removing the hairs trapped in the device reduces the risk of skin infection.
Silk Epil 3 Vs 5
Silk Epil 3 works corded only while silk Epil 5 some models work corded and others work cordless. This model has 20 tweezers while Silk Epil 5 has 40 tweezers. This makes Braun Epilator 5 faster and more effective. However, you can get the same results using your Silk Epil 3 at home but it takes a longer time. Personally, I think silk Epil 3 is a great budget choice for anyone who is searching for a small device to use at home. Although It is not suitable for travel as it only works corded. You can use Braun epilator 3 for removing hair from small areas such as the bikini line and the underarms. If you are searching for an epilator to use as a trimmer, shaver, and epilator, you should consider Braun Silk Epil 9. Read my full reviews of Silk Epil 9 Epilators.
Know you know everything about Braun silk épil 3 how to use it, pros and cons. Believe it or not, most women use epilators today for removing almost all body hairs. Shaving is tedious and not practical, especially in summer. Also, shaving tends to make the skin darker. Epilation is painful but it is totally worth it and you will get used to it.