Braun Silk Epil 5340 Wet and dry epilator: price, accessories, pros, cons and features. Is it worth trying?
Silk Epil 6 is the best mid range epilator on the market. You can use it for wet and dry epilation and yet get the same results as luxurious epilation. I loved everything about it. I trust Braun when it comes to epilation because the material of the epilators is high and they operate very well.
Table Of Contents
Braun silk epil 5 S5340
- Comes with a trimmer head, bikini trimmer and massage cap.
- Suitable for both women and men
- Fast hair removal
- Works corded
- can pluck 4 times more hair than wax
- Only for dry epilation
- A bit painful
- Elegant Design – compared to previous model, this epilator is easier to hold. The pink & white design is very beautiful.
- High-frequency massage system. The device stimulate the skin to make the epilation smooth and gentler on the skin.
- Can epilate short hair – the device has 40 tweezers. It can catch shorter hair than Braun silk epil 3. It can remove 0.5 millimeter hairs thanks to Braun Silk-epil closegrip technology.
- Smartlight – it makes the epilation much easier. You can highlight the hairs and target them to remove them from the roots.
- Waterproof – although it is designed for only dry hair removal. The heads are waterproof.
- Braun Silk Epil 5-280 is the same model as 5 5340.
What is included?
- 1 Epilator
- 3 Caps
- A Cooling Glove
- A cleaning Brush
- Storing Pouch.
Tips For Using Braun Silk Epil 5 5340
- Use the high speed setting. You can use the lower speed for removing certain hairs. However, I feel like the lower speed setting is more painful when I’m removing too many hairs at once.
- Exfoliate before and after using Braun slik epil 5 5340. As exfoliation minimizes the ingrown hairs caused by removing the hairs from the roots. Ingrown hairs are more likely to happen to coarse hair in legs and bikini line. That’s why you should exfoliate these areas if you don’t have time for full body exfoliation.
- You shouldn’t use lotions or creams on your skin if you are going to use silk epil 5. Make sure that your skin is completely dry and products free. Some products make the hairs sticky which make the epilation much harder and painful.
- Use the cleaning brush to remove the hairs out of the epilator head. And after some time, you need to clean below the cavity as the hairs get inside of it.
- Epilation doesn’t stop the hairs from growing back. However, it make s the hair softener and finer as it is removed from the roots.
- Don’t give up. You might feel that using Braun slik epil 5 5340 is painful at first but after 2-3 sessions it wouldn’t hurt at all. When you feel pain, wait for 10 seconds and try using the epilator again. Short little taps will remoe a few hairs each time you run the epilator. This way you are remove the hairs slowly and reducing the pain you feel during the session.
- Rub an ice cube over the area you epilated to reduce skin redness and irritation.
For more information about the latest model:
Is Epilation Painful?
Epilating is painful. Specially if you are going to epilate sensitive areas such as the bikini area and stomach. But after sometime you will get used to it. The more you epilate, the more you understand the epilation. I recommend starting with less sensitive areas such as the lower legs. Take your time. If you have to do it in long time, don’t give up and continue. I have been doing epilation for long time now and it is not painful at all. It feels like a massage after years!
Is It Worth Buying?
Braun Silk Epil 5 5340 “ 5280 “ has the same features as Braun Silk Epil 7 and 9. The main difference between them is that Silk Epil 9 has a broader head.
- Silk Epil 5 works battery powered while the other models mentioned works on battery
- It is suitable for dry epilating only. While Silk Epil 7 and 9 are for both dry and wet
I like to use my epilator always on dry skin as it is faster and the results are even better. This device has the same exact mechanism as the other models. However, it is not for facial hair removal. Many reviewers like it more than Braun Silk Epil 7 and 9 because it works corded. No need to wait until you fully charge your epilator to start using it. No need to replace the battery after years as it works corded. It showed also great results on thick hair.
Honestly, I don’t think you need wet epilation if you are experienced in shaving and your skin is not very sensitive. If you do have sensitive skin and you are searching for an epilator for both body and face hair removal, I suggest you check other models. You can also check my full review of 10 best epilators on the market. I’m sure it would help you a lot.
Braun Silk Epil 5 is well designed epilator. It gives you long lasting results and very powerful. It is also gentle on the skin. If you are trying epilation for the first time, this epilator is the best option for you. It has 40 tweezers and you will find its usage very easy and not complicated like many other epilators. What I liked more about this epilator is that it comes with a massage roller which stimulated the skin and makes the epilation quicker.
Overall, I think the epilator is a great item that every lady should have. It is your choice to go for a dry epilating product or another one that can be used for both wet & dry.
Tell me in the comments below, which Braun silk epil model you like most? And if you have any questions I would love to answer them for you.